The Amy Mandel and Katina Rodis Fund (AMKRF) has been supporting and promoting the social justice work of leading progressive organizations since 1980. AMKRF supports efforts that address systemic change with regards to policy, legal, and cultural reform.
We envision a world of equity and full human rights for all people.
The Amy Mandel and Katina Rodis Fund supports social justice work that advances LGBTQ rights, forwards racial justice, and combats anti-Semitism on a global, national, and local scale.
Grants are awarded to organizations, programs, and campaigns that align with one or more of the following priorities:
- An intersectional approach to race and ethnicity, gender, sexuality, faith, and class.
- Best practices for combating anti-Semitism, dismantling structural racism, and attaining full equity for LGBTQ people.
- Capacity building and leadership training opportunities to strengthen nonprofit operations, and the leadership of youth, young adults, and movement builders.
- People of Color-led organizations and initiatives engaged in LGBTQ rights and other social justice work.
- Progressive Jewish and other ally organizations that prioritize LGBTQ issues, racial and economic justice, dismantling structural racism, combatting anti-Semitism, and other social justice issues.
- Strategic collaboration with other funders and organizations to help build a stronger, better-leveraged, and expansive LGBTQ equality movement in the Southern U.S.
- Advancement of global human rights and equality for LGBTQ people worldwide.
- Organizations that enhance the quality of life for our local community in Asheville, North Carolina.
In 2012, the AMKRF founded The Tzedek Social Justice Fellowship. The Amy Mandel and Katina Rodis Fund is based in Asheville, North Carolina.
Here’s a list of organizations funded by AMKRF:
Regionally, Nationally, Globally
- American Jewish World Service
- Astraea Lesbian Foundation for Justice
- Bend the Arc: A Jewish Partnership for Justice
- Brown Bois Project
- Campaign for Southern Equality
- Equality Federation Institute
- Equality North Carolina
- Funders for LGBTQ Issues
- Freedom Center for Social Justice
- Jerusalem Open House for Pride and Tolerance
- Just Detention International
- LGBTQ Racial Justice Fund
- Movement Advancement Project
- National Council of Jewish Women
- National Black Justice Coalition
- Provincetown Center for Coastal Studies (PCCS)
- The LGBTQ Task Force
- SOJOURN–Southern Jewish Resource Network for Gender and Sexual Diversity
- Southerners On New Ground
- Southern Poverty Law Center
- Trans Justice Funding Project
- LGBTQ National Poverty Initiative, The Williams Institute at UCLA
- Out in the South Initiative, Funders for LGBTQ Issues
- The LGBTQ Racial Justice Fund, Astraea Lesbian Foundation for Justice
Asheville and Western North Carolina
- Anattasati Magga
- Asheville Jewish Community Center
- Carolina Jews for Justice
- Congregation Beth Ha Tephila
- Center for Diversity Education at University of North Carolina Asheville
- Center for Jewish Studies at University of North Carolina Asheville
- Center for Participatory Change
- Green Opportunities
- Hood Huggers International
- Manna Foodbank
- Nuestro Centro
- Our VOICE
- Spirit In Action
- WomanSong of Asheville
- Youth Outright
- YWCA of Asheville